Workers at all stages of employment will ask themselves the common question: “Will I have enough financially for retirement?” While retirement should be something to look forward to, financial uncertainty can make the transition to this stage of life a source of anxiety. Our retirement workshops are customizable and able to deliver information that will help your employees smoothly transition financially as well as emotionally to retirement.
Key Workshop Information:
- Central focus is on supporting participants in preparing for retirement.
- Workshops are highly interactive and participative, involving both group and individual exercises for participants. Facilitators make sure workshops motivate participants, encourage participation, and keep energy high.
- Workshops typically range from 8 to 50 individuals (more or less can be arranged) and are customizable based on client needs, usually ranging from 1 to 3 days in length.
- All topics are geared specifically towards the client’s needs and can include:
- Lifestyle planning
- Wellness planning
- Expense planning for retirement and savings strategies
- Education on defined benefit pension plans and defined contribution pension plans
- Government sources of income (ie. Canada Pension Plan and Old Age Security)
- Income from savings (RRSPs, LIRAs, RRIFs, annuities, and TFSAs)
- Analysis of the retirement financial picture
- Debt management
- Investment planning
- Tax planning
- Insurance planning
- Estate planning
- Answering the question: “Will I have enough?”
- Workshops provide real benefits to employees, helping them reduce finance-related stress that contributes to health problems, reduced productivity, and absenteeism. Not only will you have a better performing and more loyal workforce, but you could potentially gain distinctions for “Top Employer” awards, which can help recruitment and retention strategies.